Procedures for Men
(aka Mammaplasty Reduction)
Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size in men, flattening and enhancing the chest contours. Gynecomastia is a condition of overdeveloped or enlarged breasts in men that can occur at any age. In severe cases, the excess breast tissue may cause the breasts to sag and stretch the areola. The position and size of the areola can be surgically improved and excess skin reduced. Treated properly, gynecomastia can be effectively and safely improved or corrected completely.
Why You May Want to Consider Gynecomastia Surgery?
- If you experience psychological and/or physical discomfort associated with enlarged breasts.
- If you have first tried diet and exercise to reduce your breast size, but this did not significantly help.
- If you are unhappy with the size or appearance of your breasts and want to improve your overall body proportions.
- If you are reluctant to remove your shirt in public, to swim, to participate in sports, or to exercise at a gym.
- If you want to increase your social confidence.
- You will have a better-defined, more muscular chest.
- You will reduce overall discomfort.
- You will have increased confidence and a better self-image.
What Makes You a Good Candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery?
- Men whose condition cannot be corrected through alternative medical treatments.
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing.
- Men with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for improving the physical symptoms of gynecomastia
- Men who are physically healthy and of relatively normal weight
- Men who have realistic expectations
- Men whose breast development has stabilized
- Men who are bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too large
- Nonsmokers and non-drug users
In cases where gynecomastia is primarily the result of excess fatty tissue, liposuction techniques alone may be used.
- This requires the insertion of a cannula, a thin hollow tube, through several small incisions
- The cannula is moved back and forth in a controlled motion to loosen the excess fat, which is then removed from the body by vacuum suction.
Excision also is necessary if the areola will be reduced or the nipple will be repositioned to a more natural male contour.
- Incision patterns vary depending on the specific conditions and surgical preference.
- Your incisions will be closed either with absorbable sutures or stitches that will be removed within one to two weeks following your arm lift.
How Long Will the Results Last?
Gynecomastia surgical results are permanent, assuming your weight is stable and are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will subside, and incision lines will fade. The final results of your gynecomastia surgery may take 3-6 months to achieve. If your condition arose from the use of medication or anabolic steroids, further use could lead to recurrence.
Pectoral Augmentation, also known as pectoral implantation or male chest enhancement is a method for improving chest contour. This procedure has become a popular option, particularly for men who are athletic or go to the gym and want to be able to show off their more sculpted, masculine chests.
Why You May Want to Consider a Pectoral Implants?
- If your chest is asymmetrical or otherwise deformed from birth or by an accident.
- If your under-developed pectoral muscles make you feel self-conscious.
- If you feel self-conscious about a chest gap.
- If you’ve had liposuction in the chest area and too much fat was removed.
- If you are athletic and wish to improve your chest contour.
- Implants can be custom designed to provide a specific shape to your chest.
- You will have a more defined chest appearance.
- You will improve your chest contour and the appearance of muscle thickness or bulk.
- You’ll have increased self confidence.
What Makes You a Good Candidate for Pectoral Augmentation?
- You are in general good health.
- You are not satisfied with the results of your weightlifting routine.
- You would like to add definition to your chest or achieve a more masculine physique.
- You feel that pectoral implants would improve your confidence and self-esteem.
How Long Will the Results Last?
Generally, the results of pectoral implant surgery are long-lasting. To ensure these results, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and normal weight. You should return to our office for follow-up evaluations at prescribed intervals and if you notice any changes in appearance.
Liposuction helps sculpt your body, eliminating unwanted pockets of exercise and diet-resistant fat from the buttocks, hips, love handles, saddlebags, thighs, calves, ankles, breasts, back, arms, and neck. Liposuction is often combined with other procedures to create the desired shape and is one of the safest and most popular cosmetic procedures.
Why You May Want to Consider Liposuction?
- If you have localized deposits of fat in your abdomen, arms, thighs, and/or neck, which may be the result of heredity.
- If you are bothered by excess fat deposits located anywhere on your body that don’t respond to diet or exercise
- If you have localized areas of fat deposits that are disproportionate with the rest of your body.
- If you would like more definition or a sleeker contour in certain areas of your body.
- Will make your clothes fit better and your body appears slimmer.
- Uses small, minimally invasive incisions, which result in smaller scars than open body contouring procedures.
- Can be done under sedation with less risks and shorter operating times than similar open body contouring procedures.
What Makes You a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
- You are physically fit, no more than 20 pounds overweight, and your weight is stable. (You may need to lose weight to be a better candidate for liposuction.)
- You are within 30% of their ideal weight with good muscle tone.
- Your skin elasticity is good. (Liposuction removes fat but does not tighten skin.)
- You are a healthy individual who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- You are a non-smoker
How Long Will the Results Last?
The results of liposuction surgery are technically permanent because fat cells have been removed. However, your body shape and contours might be affected by weight gain, aging, pregnancy, family genes, and lifestyle factors.
It is crucial to maintain healthy habits and a stable weight to maintain liposuction results. If you continue to eat excess calories, fat will no longer be stored in the cells that have been removed but will be stored in other body areas. There is no way to predict where your body will store new fat. What’s more, your surgeon will not remove all of the fat cells from your target area, so you could still increase the size of the remaining fat cells in that area.