HydraFacial is one of the most popular in-office facial treatments. It is a medical-grade resurfacing treatment that is so popular that one is performed every 15 seconds around the world. A 3-step treatment cleanses, exfoliates, and extracts to get rid of impurities and dead skin cells while at the same time quenching skin with vital nutrients like antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid. It’s a patented treatment that only licensed and certified medical professionals/estheticians are able to provide.
Why You May Want to Consider a HydraFacial?
- If you have trouble with dry skin
- If you are showing the signs of aging
- If you have large pores
- If you have brown spots due to sun damage
- If you have oily and congested skin
- If you have uneven skin tone
- Can be performed on most skin types, including very sensitive complexions.
- Minimal side effects
- No downtime post-treatment
- Some redness after treatment
- Some irritation if you have reactive skin.
What Makes You a Good Candidate for a HydraFacial?
- You have acne or pimples
- You have wrinkles
- You have sun-damaged skin
- You do not have active rashes, sunburns
- You are not pregnant
How Should You Prepare for Treatment?
Schedule your treatment appointment out at least two weeks from any event or special occasion.
- Discontinue the use of Isotretinoin (such as Accutane) for 6 months before treatment – unless you have clearance by a clinician.
- Discontinue use of any topical Retin-A or generic tretinoin products for 48 hours before and after your treatment.
- Refrain from any type of exfoliating treatments such as glycolic acids or enzymes to the area for 48 hours before and after your treatment.
- Refrain from any medium and/or deep chemical resurfacing treatments (peels) and laser treatments for 2 weeks before and after your treatment.
- Refrain from waxing and use of depilatories for 48 hours before and after your treatment.
- Discontinue use of over-the-counter acne medications such as benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid for 48 hours before and after your treatment.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure as well as the use of artificial tanning beds for 72 hours before and after your treatment.
- Wait 1 week after Botox and two weeks after fillers undergo treatment. Botox and fillers can be given on the same day AFTER your treatment.
- For men, shaving is not recommended on the day of treatment. Please shave at least 3 to 4 hours prior to your treatment.
How is Treatment Performed?
HydraFacial includes the following steps:
- Vortex Exfoliation: A deplaning tool is used to sweep the dead skin cells and debris away.
- Acid Peel: A non-irritant mix of glycolic and salicylic acid hydrates the skin with a nutrient-rich solution to loosen debris from deep inside your pores to allow it to be removed later on. The solution leaves the skin feeling soft and refreshed.
- Vortex Extraction: A vacuum will suction all the gunk out of your clogged pores, the strength of the suction can be adjusted by your esthetician.
- Serum Application: The want applies collagen and an antioxidant serum into the skin that promotes hydration and elasticity. This serum helps to diminish the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin tones, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and oiliness.
What Will Recovery Involve?
You’ll be able to resume your daily tasks with no downtime.
- Only wash your face the following morning of your treatment with a gentle cleanser (such as Cetaphil)
- Makeup to be applied the next day recommended
- Avoid heat (hot showers, sauna, and intense cardio)
How Long Will the Results Last?
Many patients report seeing visible skin refinement and an even, radiant skin tone after just one treatment. The smooth results and hydration may last five to seven days or even longer. One treatment per month is recommended for improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, brown spots, oily and congested skin.