We specialize in a wide range of injectable treatments, including Botox, dermal fillers Radiesse and RHA, all designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, enhance facial contours, and restore youth to the skin.
The cosmetic form of botulinum toxin, often referred to as “Botox” by patients, is a popular injectable that temporarily reduces or eliminates facial fine lines and wrinkles. The most commonly treated areas are frown lines, forehead creases, crow’s feet near the eyes. Several other areas have been treated such as thick bands in the neck, thick jaw muscles, lip lines, and gummy smiles. Injections of botulinum toxin block the nerve signals to the muscle in which it was injected. Without a signal, the muscle is not able to contract. The end result is diminished unwanted facial wrinkles or appearance.
- If you are showing signs of aging
- If you have frown lines, crow’s feet, forehead furrows
- If you appear to have an angry expression
- If your face makes you appear tired
- Short treatment time
- Fast recovery time
- Noticeable results right away
- Less likely to cause allergic reactions due to the absence of added fillers
- Blocks the signal from the nerve to muscles, so may feel numbness or temporary loss of feeling in the treated area.
- Some possible side effects include redness, bruising, and swelling, but this is common and can be concealed with makeup products.
- You want to smooth the appearance of wrinkles in between the eyebrows, around the eyes, in the forehead, or around the mouth
- You want to look younger.
- You are realistic about the results.
Schedule your treatment appointment out at least two weeks from any event or special occasion and discontinue use of any retinol products for two days before and two days after your treatment.
Botox injections include the following steps:
- No anesthesia is required.
- A very thin needle is used to inject small amounts of botulinum toxin into specific muscles.
- Depending on your facial features the number of injections may vary
- The treatment takes about 15 minutes.
There is no downtime or recovery time for botulinum toxin injections. You may resume normal activities immediately. Make sure not to rub or massage the treated areas after the treatment because it can cause the botulinum toxin to migrate to another area of your face. If this happens, you could have temporary facial weakness or drooping.
It can take up to a week for the full results of your treatment to show. While the final results may vary, you will generally notice the improvements in your face about three to four days after the initial injection. Once the Botox has come into effect, you will see the results usually last three to four months, but that also varies by age and skin quality.