A body lift improves the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports skin and fat and are not intended strictly for the removal of excess fat. Liposuction alone can remove excess fat deposits where the skin has good elasticity and is able to naturally conform to new body contours. Excess sagging skin and fat are removed, and the procedure or procedures can improve the dimpled, irregular skin surface.
- If you have excess skin after losing large amounts of weight
- If your sagging skin causes discomfort, sores, rashes, and chafing
- If you don’t feel confident enough to show off the results of their diet, exercise, or weight loss procedure.
- If you want to finish your weight loss journey and get the body, you imagined.
- The removal of excess skin and saggy fatty tissue will help give you a firm, trim body.
- More energy and stamina when you are no longer carrying around extra weight and skin.
- The elimination of persistent rashes and skin infections that can come from the rubbing, and in the folds, of excess tissue.
- The emotional benefit and self-esteem that comes from regaining the physical appearance you want.
In general, body lift candidates include:
- If you have significant soft tissue looseness in one or multiple body areas.
- If you are healthy and without medical conditions that impair healing or increase the risk of surgery.
- If you are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness.
- If you have a positive outlook and realistic goals for what body lift surgery can accomplish.
- If you are a non-smoker.
The results of body lift surgery are visible almost immediately. However, it may take two years for the final results of the body lift procedures to fully develop. Some visible scars will remain, but the overall results are long-lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness. As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness. It is important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, motion, swelling, or abrasion during the time of healing.