The goal of cheek augmentation is to add volume or lift to the cheeks. The results can be achieved either through cheekbone augmentation or through the surgical reduction procedure. The patient’s facial structure and cosmetic needs are analyzed and a procedure is chosen.
Cheek augmentation can be achieved in one of the following ways:
Hollow or underdeveloped cheekbones can be lifted using injectable fillers. Fillers come in both temporary and permanent variants. Most people choose temporary fillers at first. The effect of these fillers lasts up to 2 years after which the treatment can be repeated or the patient may opt for permanent ones.
This procedure transplant a patient’s fat cells to increase the size and proportion of the cheek.
Cheekbone implants come in different shapes and sizes based on the patient’s expectations and his/her structure.
Conducted under the effect of general anesthesia, the cheekbone reduction procedure involves adjustment of both the body of the frontal cheekbone and the lateral part of the cheekbone.
- If you have suffered facial injuries.
- If cheekbones are affecting your eyes.
- If you are bothered by cheeks losing volume, or even sagging, with age.
- If you have too much fat on their cheeks that are unaffected by diet and exercise.
- If you have uneven facial contour, hollowness, or excessive outward bulging of cheeks.
- If you have a flat and very wide face looking to change the contour of the face.
- If you are not happy with your facial features.
- If you want higher cheeks.
- Flat and sagging cheeks due to ageing can be corrected.
- Cheek plumpness, volume, and definition are restored.
- Deformities of the cheek due to trauma can be treated to benefit the patient, according to the shape of his/her preference.
- Prominent cheeks, round/chubby cheeks, and facial asymmetry from birth can be corrected.
- Facial contour, proportions, the balance of the face, and facial structures are improved.
- You are healthy and do not have medical conditions that impair healing.
- You have a positive outlook and realistic expectations.
- You are a non-smoker.
The final results of cheek augmentation surgery may be initially obscured by swelling. If your cheeks are augmented using fat transfer, the results will be based upon how much fat was injected into your cheeks and how much fat your body has retained. If solid cheek implants are used, then your final result will be more predictable. Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling decreases.