Liposuction helps sculpt your body, eliminating unwanted pockets of exercise and diet-resistant fat from the buttocks, hips, love handles, saddlebags, thighs, calves, ankles, breasts, back, arms, and neck. Liposuction is often combined with other procedures to create the desired shape and is one of the safest and most popular cosmetic procedures.
- If you have localized deposits of fat in your abdomen, arms, thighs, and/or neck, which may be the result of heredity.
- If you are bothered by excess fat deposits located anywhere on your body that don’t respond to diet or exercise
- If you have localized areas of fat deposits that are disproportionate with the rest of your body.
- If you would like more definition or a sleeker contour in certain areas of your body.
- Will make your clothes fit better and your body appears slimmer.
- Uses small, minimally invasive incisions, which result in smaller scars than open body contouring procedures.
- Can be done under sedation with less risks and shorter operating times than similar open body contouring procedures.
- You are physically fit, no more than 20 pounds overweight, and your weight is stable. (You may need to lose weight to be a better candidate for liposuction.)
- You are within 30% of their ideal weight with good muscle tone.
- Your skin elasticity is good. (Liposuction removes fat but does not tighten skin.)
- You are a healthy individual who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- You are a non-smoker
The results of liposuction surgery are technically permanent because fat cells have been removed. However, your body shape and contours might be affected by weight gain, aging, pregnancy, family genes, and lifestyle factors.
It is crucial to maintain healthy habits and a stable weight to maintain liposuction results. If you continue to eat excess calories, fat will no longer be stored in the cells that have been removed but will be stored in other body areas. There is no way to predict where your body will store new fat. What’s more, your surgeon will not remove all of the fat cells from your target area, so you could still increase the size of the remaining fat cells in that area.