A neck lift, or lower rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the jawline and neck. A neck lift enhances the appearance of the neck by tightening the skin and underlying neck muscles and improving the contour of the jawline. The loss of youthful contours in the face and neck can be due to a variety of factors, including heredity, gravity, environmental conditions, and stress. When the neck area doesn’t match the upper facial appearance, a neck lift may be a good solution.
- If you have fatty jowls or what’s referred to as a “turkey wattle” that makes you look much older than your age.
- If you have lost the distinct jaw line of your youth.
- If you have excess wrinkles, creases, folds, and lines on your neck.
- If you have excess skin and fat in your neck.
- Can significantly improve your neck and jawline.
- Can be done as a stand-alone procedure if other facial surgery is not needed or desired.
- Can provide you with a more youthful profile.
- You are healthy and do not have medical conditions that impair healing.
- You have a positive outlook and realistic expectations.
- You are a non-smoker.