A thigh lift is a procedure that involves the removal of excess skin and fat from either the inner or outer thighs. This body contouring procedure reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin and fat, resulting in smoother skin and better-proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body. Liposuction may be used as an adjunct to the recontouring of the inner thigh. If you are committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a moderate weight, a thigh lift can help you regain the youthful thigh contours you desire. A thigh lift is often part of a mommy makeover procedure.
- If the effects of aging have led to sagging, cellulite, and loose skin on your thighs.
- If you want your thighs to have a better, more proportional contour and a firmer look and feel.
- If you have undergone bariatric surgery or massive weight loss.
- If you are distressed about loose, flabby skin on your thighs.
- If you have difficulty fitting into clothing because of heavy thighs.
- You have succeeded in a weight reduction program and you now desire shapely thighs and legs that reflect your more proportional, toned figure.
- If fitness and weight control efforts have not achieved your goals for a body that is firmer, more youthful-looking, and more proportionate to your overall body image.
- Your thighs make you feel self-conscious and you want to restore your self-assurance regarding your body.
- Clothing and swimwear will fit better.
- Your body will appear shapelier and more proportional.
- Your thighs will be firmer and more youthful, with a curvaceous appearance.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider a thigh lift:
- You have excess soft tissue along the inner (medial) thigh region and/or the outer (lateral) thigh.
- You do not have medical conditions that impair healing or increase the risk of surgery.
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals for what thigh lift surgery can accomplish.
- You are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle, including proper nutrition and fitness.
- If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
- If your weight is relatively stable
- You are a non-smoker.
The results of a thigh lift are visible almost immediately. However, it may take several months for the final results to fully develop. Following a thigh lift, skin quality is improved both in appearance and feel. Some visible scars will remain, but the overall results are long-lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness. As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness. However, most of your initial improvement should remain.