Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Surgery can be performed on the upper lids, lower lids, or both. Whether you want to improve your appearance or are experiencing functional problems with your eyelids, eyelid surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes.
- If you have excess, hanging skin covering the natural fold of the upper eyelids.
- If you have loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids over the eyelashes and obscures your vision.
- If your upper and lower eyelids appear puffy, making your eyes look tired and aged.
- If you have excess skin and fine, ‘crepe paper’ type lower eyelid wrinkles.
- If your upper eye surface is too small or not smooth enough to apply makeup.
- If you have bags and dark circles under the eyes.
- If you have deep grooves under your eyes.
- You will eliminate the puffiness and bags under your lower lids and the hooded skin on your upper lids, making you appear younger and healthier.
- You may no longer have vision problems related to overhanging eyelids.
- Any scars from the eye lift will be hidden in your natural eyelid creases, making them almost indiscernible.
- Individuals without serious eye conditions.
- You are healthy and do not have medical conditions that impair healing.
- You have a positive outlook and realistic expectations.
- You are a non-smoker.
Your eyelid surgery results should be long-lasting. It may take a few months before final healing is completed, but most patients are presentable in 10-14 days. you will continue to age naturally. Ongoing sun protection will help to maintain your results.