A brow lift, or forehead lift, reverses the effects of gravity and tightens the soft tissues of the forehead to restore a more youthful contour to your forehead skin, upper eyelids, and eyebrows. At one age, it is common for the brow to assume a flat or horizontal position. If a sagging brow inhibits your facial expression, an eyebrow lift is a time-tested method for rejuvenating the upper third of your face. There are various brow-lift methods, which involve different length incisions in different locations.
- If you have a sagging or low eyebrow position creates a tired, sad, or grumpy appearance.
- If you have deep horizontal creases across the forehead.
- You have frown lines or furrows between the eyebrows or across the top of your nose.
- If you have excess skin or fatty tissue hanging over your eyes.
- If the outside of your brow sags, resulting in a sad expression.
- If the central portion of your brow hangs down, making you look angry.
- If you have frown lines between your eyes.
- If you are unable to apply makeup on the upper eyelid because the surface area has been obscured by drooping tissues as you have aged.
- If you gently lift the skin above your eyebrow into a pleasing position and it eliminates most of the excess skin in your upper eyelid
- Repositions a low or sagging brow that hangs over the upper eyelid.
- Raises the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful position.
- Makes you look happier, friendlier, and more approachable.
- You are healthy and do not have medical conditions that impair healing.
- You have a positive outlook and realistic expectations.
- You are a non-smoker.
The results of your brow lift surgery are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will subside and incision lines will fade. The final results of your surgery will appear over the next few months. Gravity will take its toll as aging continues, but portions of the brow lift, especially wrinkle lines in the brow and the frown line area, should never be as severe again and may return only mildly over the years. Life-long sun protection and a healthy lifestyle will help to maintain and extend the results of your more youthful appearance.